Biographical Sketch of Bishop Otto Richardson, Jr.
Bishop Otto Richardson, Jr., a native of Burnt Corn, Alabama was born into a family of 14 children. He is the third child of the late Otto, Sr. and Emma Richardson. When the Richardson family migrated to Baltimore, Maryland in 1963, He met Dorothy Ritchey. On March 5, 1966, He and Lady Dorothy Richardson were married. They are blessed with 2 children: Darryl and Monique.
Feeling the drawing of the Lord Jesus Christ, Bishop Richardson walked away from membership in one of Baltimore, Maryland’s most prestigious Baptist Churches. He was unsure of where the Lord was sending him. Obeying the leading of the Lord, Bishop Richardson was baptized in Jesus Name in October 1974 and received the infilling of the Holy Ghost. He began to evangelize throughout Baltimore and to visit The John Hopkins Hospital to pray for the sick. On one such visit he met, Elder Neal Reaves. Elder Reaves introduced him to Bishop Alfred Wallace, Pastor of the Apostolic Church of Jesus, located at 1347 Myrtle Avenue, Baltimore, MD.
He continued to evangelize under the leadership of Bishop Wallace and was later elevated to Assistant Pastor. After serving in this ministry for 13 years, God again elevated Bishop Richardson to a Pastoral ministry. In January 1987, True Gospel Apostolic Faith Church humbly began at 1412 Gorsuch Avenue, in the basement of his sister’s home (Evangelist Hattie Richardson). A man of vision, he sought to find another location for worship services.
On February 1, 1987, Pastor Otto Richardson, Jr. and his small band of saints began worship services at 631 N. Pulaski Street. As membership grew, Pastor Richardson sought to purchase their first edifice located at 1508 N. Fulton Avenue, Baltimore, MD.
In 1991 Pastor Richardson sought the lord for organizational membership, which led him to the Pentecostal Churches of the Apostolic Faith (PCAF). The Lord continued to bless Pastor Richardson and the congregation on Fulton Avenue. At the recommendation of Bishop John T. Leslie, Jr., on August 3, 1994, Pastor Richardson was elevated to District Elder status at the National Convention of the PCAF.
On July 11, 1995, True Gospel migrated to Northeast-Baltimore to its present address, 2715 Grindon Avenue, Baltimore, MD. In July 2004, He was elevated to Jurisdictional Bishop at the National Convention of the PCAF.
On Tuesday, August 7, 2012 Jurisdictional Bishop Richardson was ordained an Episcopal Bishop at the National Convocation of the PCAF. In 2012, Bishop Richardson was honored to be appointed Diocesan Bishop of the newly formed North Carolina Council of the Eastern & Southern States Council of the Pentecostal Churches of the Apostolic Faith Church, Inc. By the grace of God, Bishop Richardson continues to dedicate his life to the work of the Lord. “Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and Whose Hope the Lord is.” Jeremiah 17:7